Summary: This article gives a guide on how to buy products from china. It talks about how to find high profit margin products, how to find a good supplier in china, advantages of strategic sourcing, how to get high quality imports from china, and tips on choosing a right china purchasing agent. We believe you will get a clear China product sourcing strategy after browsing this article.
China is fast becoming one of the largest economies of this century. Although China product prices are rising accordingly, its prices are still much better than the other international market. During your trip to china product sourcing, finding the right suppliers, negotiating and securing a good deal always take time. Most China product buyers often face many problems after finding or doing business with suppliers, the delivered goods are out of specification and of poor quality. Therefore, understanding the Chinese market and how to deal with suppliers requires a lot of experience, which is why you need to read this article and get all the help you need. If you need help sourcing products in China, this article outlines some best practices and everything else you need to know, especially for China product sourcing beginners.
How to Find Wholesale High Profit Products from China?
Sourcing high margin products wholesale from China can be a daunting process when you are just starting to import products from China. Inexperienced importers may not have a clear product sourcing strategy and may experience multiple issues such as communication problems, penalties, delayed shipments and poor product quality, all of which can not only destroy their profitability opportunities but may even lead to business closures.
China Market Product Research
Before you start looking for items with the highest profit margin products sourced from China, conducting extensive market research is crucially a first step. If your goal is to maximize your profits, you can’t ignore research.
- Research the standards and legal aspects that must be followed to import products from China.
- Research the shipping process, including the different shipping methods and their costs and the time it takes for a Chinese supplier to manufacture the product.
- TOP EASE has a specific introduction about China yiwu market. if you are interested, Click to view the detailed China wholesale market introduction. It will definitely save you a lot of time and energy,
Tips on China Product Sourcing
The more you know about the Chinese supplier market, the better your sourcing process will be. Specific areas you need to study include:
- Your Rights and Responsibilities for Importing from China – this includes knowing whether you can legally source certain products in your country. You also need to know the quality standards associated with your products. Failure to meet these standards may result in customs fines and may also result in your product being destroyed at customs.
- Economic Map – Knowing the geographic location of China will help you determine the best places to import products domestically based on shipping options and manufacturer locations.
- Import Permits – Possessing the necessary permits can prevent import delays.
- Chinese Business Culture: Knowing the Chinese business culture will help you build the right relationship with your suppliers. The benefits of cultivating the best trades will allow you to maximize your profits.
- Language Barriers: Working with purchasing agents with offices in China is one of the best ways to overcome language barriers that can lead to misunderstandings about product quality standards, measurements, schedules, etc.
Low Cost High Margin Products Recommedation
If you want to import products wholesale from China, starting with low-risk commodities is one of the best strategies, especially if you are new to the product import business. Once you’re familiar with the China product sourcing process, you can upgrade to higher-value items later. High profit margin products categories that are typically mass-produced and have lower risk include Clothing, Shoes, Wireless Phone Charger, USB Desk Lamp, Video Doorbell, Backpack, Makeup Brush Set.
How to Find Suppliers From China
1) Canton Fair
China’s largest import and export conference is held twice a year and covers almost all industries that produce physical products. The Canton Fair is huge. Look up the list of exhibitors and their booth locations on the show website in advance to save time and effort. The same vendors participate every year, so novelty is lacking. Don’t expect to see innovation either – companies with updated designs or features may show prototypes and only look for distributors rather than OEM or private label manufacturing.
2) Yiwu Market
Zhejiang Yiwu Market is open all year round. It has 40,000 stores. Here, the price can be whatever you want, but the quality will go up or down accordingly. Some sellers use Yiwu as a supplementary supplier to their existing suppliers when their stores are vacant and need to refill.
You can hire a purchasing manager to simplify purchasing. Yiwu market service typically include picking you up from your hotel and taking you to the market to meet with wholesalers, negotiating prices and order terms, and coordinating purchasing, including shipping different orders at a time. Agents are not responsible for reviewing factory quality control.
3) B2B market
You can search for Chinese supplier website. Alibaba, Made in China and Global Sources are all popular sites for finding Chinese suppliers and manufacturers. As always, there are a few things you need to be wary of to avoid getting scammed in these B2B marketplaces.
Given the back-and-forth with suppliers, you’ll want the two of you to have a common language. Communication barriers make it very challenging to explain your exact requirements via email or live chat. With major B2B sites providing an easy platform for nearly all Chinese suppliers to get in front of buyers, this over-saturated venue could keep many premium suppliers from opting out.
4) Purchasing Agent
Chinese sourcing agents are ideal when you need to manufacture products to exact technical specifications. Agent for China products visits factories to closely check quality control. After you approve mass production, the china buying agent will visit the factory again to check the raw materials and even check the quality of the first few batches.
China product sourcing agent are fluent in Mandarin so you can overcome language barriers and communicate your requirements clearly. Chinese suppliers are very careful about what they share – if they’re not sure about your product specifications, they’re unlikely to notify you of production delays or ask questions. China procurement agents are also helpful here.
When you work with agents and distributors in china, you will receive comprehensive support throughout the purchasing process. Hiring a sourcing agent China is the right choice if you want to do it right the first time and build a long-term relationship with your suppliers.
5) Google for New Importers
A Google search for Chinese suppliers is often the first step. Chinese wholesale suppliers have commercial reliable wholesale websites. Often, they have generic names on social channels, such as China Direct Supplier or China Wholesale Market. Some of these suppliers may actually be product sourcing agents who offer to help you find suppliers.
As mentioned earlier, many English-language Chinese wholesale websites are traders rather than manufacturers. If you find a manufacturer’s website that appears to be genuine, keep checking. You may get a quick quote without waiting long to get a sample and then fly to China to visit the factory.
The Benefits of Strategic Sourcing
A collaborative and organized approach to strategic sourcing can better align sourcing strategies with supplier activities and yield long-term cost savings as well as additional business benefits. Let’s highlight four benefits:
1) Cost Savings – Strategic Sourcing takes into account the total cost of ownership, resulting in long-term savings for your organization. Building meaningful relationships with suppliers paves the way for favorable contractual terms.
2) Efficiency – The strategic procurement process means pre-qualifying suppliers for future projects, thereby reducing procurement time. In addition, fostering collaborative supplier relationships will provide opportunities for innovation.
3) Intelligence – Analyzing and reviewing an organization’s spending and conducting thorough market research to find the right suppliers will inform future business decisions. It will also help the procurement team identify the biggest risk factors. This can lead procurement teams to spread out their suppliers’ locations and implement contingency strategies.
4) Ethical – Procurement teams will easily find suppliers whose values and practices align with their sustainability goals. This extends to ensuring suppliers meet compliance and regulatory guidelines to safeguard your organization’s brand reputation.
How to Get High Quality Products
1) Give Precise Product Requirements
Lack of precise product specifications, vague or incomplete descriptions are some of the main reasons for getting poor quality products from Chinese suppliers. As in any industry, trying to complete a project without a clear direction can lead to unsatisfactory results. Likewise, when buyers do not have clear product quality requirements, they often receive products that do not meet their expectations.
When you leave out important details in OEM contracts, CAD designs, purchase orders or other communications, it creates uncertainty about your quality requirements. Rather than asking you for clarification, your Chinese supplier may try to “fill in the blanks” themselves. As a result of this, you may end up with a poor quality product, or one made with the wrong materials/components and other substandard items.
To be clear, you are not compromising on quality. To do this, you need to delve into the finer details of your product specifications and make sure your suppliers in China understand them. When going into details, use plain and simple language and make sure your specs are clear. Take your time and avoid misunderstandings. Here are another tips on buy goods from China wholesale.
Other steps you can take to clarify requirements include:
- Develop a quality control checklist with input from the manufacturer and QC manager to ensure your requirements are understood by all involved. A quality control checklist is a guide for the manufacturer of your product and a benchmark for any quality inspector inspecting your product.
- Suppliers are encouraged to clarify concerns and ask questions when confusion arises to help avoid incidents. Cultural differences can make suppliers reluctant to seek clarification when needed.
- Show accurate CAD drawings, actual photos or product samples you may need to help ensure the manufacturer understands your quality requirements.
- Explain the intended use of the product for the Chinese manufacturer.
- Make sure the factory is equipped with relevant technologies used in your industry, such as CAE engineering or 3D printing.
- Double check that raw materials and components/fittings and the final product are as good as the raw materials from which it was made before production begins.
- Frequent factory inspections are required during production to ensure there are no problems.
2) Ensure Success with Professional Help
Obtaining high quality imports goods from China can be a daunting task, especially if you are a business that is just starting to import goods. In addition to being able to communicate effectively with your suppliers, you need to consider a number of factors. You will need to check various documents, licenses and certifications. OEM contracts are also drafted in Chinese. In addition to knowing how to identify a manufacturer that can supply you with high quality products, you will also need to coordinate with your freight forwarder. Above all, a major part of doing business in China is securing relationships. Building strong professional relationships is key to improving your chances of securing great deals and ensuring product quality.
Many successful importers work with reputable China buying agents to handle the entire due diligence, communication and coordination with Chinese suppliers. Experienced China purchasing agents provide end-to-end solutions to help you achieve your goal of sourcing high-quality products from China.
From identifying the right manufacturer in your industry known for producing high-quality products, to conducting an on-site factory inspection, you should also expect your agent to request samples, negotiate prices, and handle shipments. Chinese purchasing agents are able to handle all critical tasks on the go.
With an office in China, product sourcing agents can conduct ongoing inspections and keep the lines of communication open between you and your Chinese suppliers. This ensures that there are no costly mistakes, delays and misunderstandings in meeting your quality specifications.
China sourcing agents are also proficient in drafting OEM contracts and helping you register your IP in China. They will also conduct necessary compliance checks before products are shipped. All of this means you can rest assured that your product is of the quality you envision, ready for your business to succeed.
Choose the Right China Sourcing Agent
If you are considering sourcing products from China, finding the right China sourcing agent is a very important step. Access to quality products at the right price and time can help your business grow by leaps and bounds. Take the time to choose the right purchasing agent. The future of your business depends on it.
TOPEASE is a team of professional China purchasing agents who have been helping customers manufacture and source products from low cost areas since 2008.
For more information about sourcing in China, please visit our website https://www.top-ease.com/ or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.